I was impressed by how spacious the persimmon farm in Guguan, Taichung was. The trees were grown wide enough for the grass below to grow and ensure the fruits have sufficient nutrients. We chose this farmer because
- his Jiro Kakis have passed tests for 380 pesticide residues. Definitely safe to eat.
- he insists on harvesting the Jiro Kakis when it is ripe, and not before that, so that we can enjoy the best flavours
- he is the first in Taiwan to use a non-destructive BRIX tester to test the sweetness of each fruit before harvesting. This should ensure a more consistent quality of his fruits.
12 in a gift box, each piece ~280-310g.
Pre-order now, for delivery estimated on 11 Nov between 1-6pm.
How to enjoy
- Store in ambient temperature in a cool dry place and consume within 2-3 days of receiving them.
- Store in the fridge if you intend to keep them for longer. But do eat them soonest after taking them out from the fridge.
- De-skin the fruit for better taste. Its a personal choice really, I like the added crunch of the skin. Either way, its safe to eat as the fruits have been tested for chemical residues.